Adrian respects his Specialist GP colleagues
He demonstrates this respect to you by:
1) Seeing referrals in a timely fashion, usually within a fortnight, or within 3 days if urgent.
2) Aiming to have correspondence to specialist GPs sent within 12 hours of seeing a patient.
3) Being open and willing to receiving phone calls for advice.
4) Being open and willing to admitting patients for inpatient care if the Specialist GP believes the patient is not suitable for community-based management.
5) Not relying on his Specialist GP colleagues to follow up test results that he has ordered.
6) Informing his Specialist GP colleagues about changes to a patient's medications.
Adrian understands the importance of continuity of care for patients and the vital role of the Specialist General Practitioner in achieving this.
Frequently asked questions
Phone advice - for doctors' use only
Adrian is happy to take direct phone calls from his colleagues. Please contact him on his mobile 0403 169 993.
Does Adrian see uninsured patients?
Yes. If the patient requires a procedure, Adrian has admitting rights to the Royal Melbourne Hospital and patients would be placed on a waitlist there.
Does Adrian give GP presentations?
Yes. Adrian has given many GP presentations both in clinics and in formal meetings. CPD points can be attributed to these talks if required. If you are interested in having Adrian visit your practice and speak to your staff, please contact his practice manager.